The English Language Teaching Unit of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura has designed this course in response to a growing demand from students and professionals.
The main aim of the course is to enhance and develop the English Language proficiency of the participants.
- to improve the listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- to give confidence in the use of the target language
- to familiarize the participants with social etiquette
- to augment their interpersonal skills
- to make the participants effective communicators
Pass G.C.E. (O/L) examination with English Language as a subject or an equivalent qualification
225 hrs. (06 Months)
Classes will be held from 8.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m on Sundays. Students will be required to sign the attendance register at the beginning of each lecture and they are required to follow a full day’s class work. The students are expected to be punctual and should desist from leaving the class early. Late comers or early leavers will lose attendance.