The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura extends its wishes to the students who have passed the Advanced Level examination held in 2020.
For those who wish to study in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Science, the following information has been provided on the Degree Programs which are offered by the Faculty. In addition, several new degree programs will also be introduced shortly. The degrees are offered in both English and Sinhala mediums.
The Department of English and Linguistics of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura offers the following:
- BA in English (Special/Honours) Degree
- BA in TESL (Special/Honours) Degree
- English as a Main Subject for BA General Degree
- TESL as a Main Subject for BA General Degree
(TESL = Teaching English as a Second Language)
Any student wishing to follow the above from the Department English and Linguistics should have fulfilled one of the following initial requirements.
- Students should have entered the university through the UGC’s GENERAL INTAKE selection category with a minimum of S Grade for English (No.73) at the GCE A/L examination
- Students should have entered the university through the UGC’s ADDITIONAL INTAKE selection category for English or TESL for their degree: they are registered for the respective programme.
- Students who pass the Selection Test conducted, by the Department of English and Linguistics of the University, for those who have entered the university through the UGC’s GENERAL INTAKE selection category but have NOT studied English (No. 73) as a subject at the GCE A/L examination. The Selection Test is held annually upon their admission to the university.
For more information on the Degree programs and the relevant course units visit the following web links: